Saturday, April 9, 2011

Long Time Gone

First I want to apologize for being gone so long.  I have been so busy with life and not finding time to sit down and put thoughts together.  I just started a raw food challenge and I am so excited to journal how it is going.  When I am 100% raw my body is so much more happy and alive than when I am eating cooked food.
So, today I start my quest to blog through the 11 week adventure.

Thursday was my husbands Birthday and we had lots of goodies.  We got our new Excalibur Dehydrator and we are so happy.  It has been humming everyday in our kitchen.  We have made crackers and breads and they have come out so good.  I will post pictures and recipes as we go.

So, today I am enjoying my smoothie for breakfast and will juice around 11:00.  That will get me through until around 3:30.

Here are some pictures of my new addition to the family and what has come out of it so far.


These flax crackers with hummus were so good.  Here is the recipe:  ENJOY!!!

  • 2 cups brown or golden flax seeds
  • 4 cups water
  • 1 tsp salt
  • Your favorite herbs or spices
  • I also add Bell Pepper, Onion, Carrots, whatever I have on hand.  
  • Sunflower seeds are added on top and poppy or Sesame seeds.
Mix all ingredients and let soak for three hours. Now you’ll have a gooey mix perfect for spreading on two dehydrator Teflex sheets. Score the sheets. Dehydrate at 115ºF for 8 hours or overnight. Flip onto mesh screens and dehydrate 2 – 3 hours more, until completely dry. Break into pieces and they are ready for dipping in hummus, salsa, guacamole, etc. or just snacking on as is!

2 comments:

  1. This looks good. I have to make some crackers. I haven't made any for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girls love them. They put hummus or just avacado, or plain. It is a good treat to pack when we are running and out all day.

    ReplyDelete